Big sigh of relief!! We made it through concert!
We thought it was a great show - thanks to so many who helped in so many ways. We hope that you enjoyed watching it, and that the dancers enjoyed dancing in it! It was a perfect Grand Finale performance for the year. There were a lot of tears - of joy, of the heartbreak of the last show, of watching our graduating seniors line up, of emotion for moms and sons dancing, of anxiety over a missing partner, of terror of the first time in front of a big audience, or from the pride of the coach when their team absolutely nailed it.
This evening is always a huge reminder to me of how grateful I am to be part of this IBA thing. So many good good people - both kids and adults - that have blessed my life.
Thank you Thank you.
• REGISTRATION: Open May 1 - 15
Pre-Juniors (7th Graders): Pre-Jr Reg
Juniors (8th & 9th Graders): Jr Reg
Seniors (10-12th Graders): Sr Reg
New to IBA (5th-7th grade)): New Pre-Teen Student Reg
New to IBA (8th grade +): New Jr-Sr Reg
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION:
All returning dancers are guaranteed a spot on a team. We usually have enough willing double dancers to fill the needed spots for all dancers to be on a team.
NEW dancers (girls) need a registration partner to guarantee a spot. Returning boys are not eligible as registration partners for new dancers. We will have a large boy/girl ratio disparity on the Senior teams. The incoming 12th graders have 19 girls/4 boys. So - lots of doubles will be needed!
If you would like to look through the financial details of each team, please look at the Team Info Page. The financials should be very close to what they were this year.
If your dancer is not returning next year (not meaning the graduating dancers), would you please let us know here: Not Returning. After the registration period closes, we will contact those we haven’t heard from just to make sure. Going to this link will save you any further registration reminders.
Some registration reminders:
1. Dancers who are alternates or dancing up to fill a spot will not automatically advance with that team. They will be placed with their regular age group. Once team lists are set in the summer, dancers will be invited to be alternates or dance up as needed.
2. Returning dancers will be placed first, then any new dancers will be placed to fill available spots.
3. Friend, Day, and Car Pool requests will not be submitted until later in the summer. We have found that there are many changes over the summer in schedules, friend groups, etc, so it’s better to wait until closer to the start of the season to gather this info. We’ll put all returning dancers on the master list for each age group, and then do the team placements later in the summer.
4. The registration includes a parent commitment statement. Please read each commitment before checking “yes”.
5. Audition Teams: Comp team and Lift team tryouts will be at the end of summer shortly before the new season begins.
• BALLROOM CAMP: June 26-29. Register here: IBA SUMMER CAMP
Make sure to update this on your calendars. Since the Europe tour has been postponed to 2023, we moved the camp date back to its usual week.
All dancers are expected to attend camp unless they have a conflict (other camps, reunions, etc.). We know that at least one stake has girls camp that week - some conflicts are just unavoidable. Dancers who have summer jobs should try to request these days off or schedule around the camp hours. The registration info including the schedule will be sent later this month.
IBA POOL PARTY: Wed, Jun 28. Put it on your calendar!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Janie Fisher Director, Idaho Ballroom Academy 208-201-6366 email@example.com Shar-a-lynn Randall IdahoBallroomBooks@gmail.com Shawn Fisher 208-313-0465 firstname.lastname@example.org Ashley Fisher, 208-419-2888, email@example.com Shawn Fisher, 208-313-0465, firstname.lastname@example.org Caroline Bates, 208-206-8215, email@example.com Elise Rich, 208-206-3661, firstname.lastname@example.org Sam Fisher, 208-403-2463, email@example.com Sara Fisher, 541-944-7479, firstname.lastname@example.org Jennifer Taylor, 208-390-1889, email@example.com JaronTaylor, 208-346-2170 firstname.lastname@example.org