CONGRATULATIONS to our dancers! It’s truly a thrill to watch them dance at the Christmas Classic. We saw so many good things happening, not just the winning of ribbons and medals. Lots of confidence gained, fears overcome, partnership skills grown, stamina increased and overall a positive experience for everyone!
And parents - a big shout out to all of you! These are long hard (not just the bleachers) days, and right in the middle of prime-time Christmas shopping. Thank you for your support of your children in this activity. They will thank you someday (when they’re the ones sitting for hours on hard bleachers watching their children do something they love, or are just learning, or that they made them do …).
This month’s info:
• IBA Christmas Break: Dec 19 - Jan 1.
• Regular team practices this week and next.
• We know there are conflicts in the next two weeks with other activities, such as music concerts. Any cancellations will be announced on BAND.
• Tech classes and semi-private classes are finished for this semester. They will resume in January.
• Tech classes & Semi-Privates for winter semester will run for 10-11 weeks, Jan–March, working the syllabus and open dances for Utah Classic and Gem State Classic. (No class Feb 20).
Register here for Winter Semester:
• PLEASE NOTE: The studio will be CLOSED from Dec 22 - Dec 30. There will be no lessons or practicing during these days. The floors will be again available starting Dec 31.
Make sure these dates are on your calendar
• East Idaho Ballroom Concert (Civic Show): Sat, Jan 21. There will be a short stage practice in the afternoon (1-4pm in past years), then two shows. Usually the pre-teens are in the first show (5:30 in past years) and the Juniors and Seniors are in the second show (7:00 in past years). We haven’t received times, but in the past the times
• Utah Classic, Feb 17 (Junior teams), Feb 18 (Senior teams). Legacy Center, Farmington Utah. Pre-teens/Pre-Jrs do not travel to this competition. More details will be sent.
• Team Pictures: ?? Feb 21-23. This is still a maybe. We would have to do the Pee Wee pictures later in April, so we’re still thinking about it.
We wish you all a wonderful Christmas Holiday Season!
Janie Fisher Director, Idaho Ballroom Academy 208-201-6366 firstname.lastname@example.org Shar-a-lynn Randall IdahoBallroomBooks@gmail.com Shawn Fisher 208-313-0465 email@example.com Ashley Fisher, 208-419-2888, firstname.lastname@example.org Shawn Fisher, 208-313-0465, email@example.com Caroline Bates, 208-206-8215, firstname.lastname@example.org Elise Rich, 208-206-3661, email@example.com Sam Fisher, 208-403-2463, firstname.lastname@example.org Sara Fisher, 541-944-7479, email@example.com Jennifer Taylor, 208-390-1889, firstname.lastname@example.org JaronTaylor, 208-346-2170 email@example.com