We have just returned from the IBA EUROPE TOUR! It was an incredible experience for all of us. You can see some fun video and pictures of the tour on the IBA Instagram @idaho.ballroom.academy, and the IBA Facebook page. The tour required the majority of my time and attention for most of the summer, so you have not received any news about the coming year as of yet.
ABOUT THE NEW YEAR: There is a LOT of info here. Please read everything through carefully!
• Classes begin Sept 5 . (No Monday classes Sept 4).
• Jump Start Classes: Aug 28-31. For dancers who would like a little brush-up before teams begin the next week. More info to come.
• Studio location: 155 E. 2nd No.
• SOP DAY Saturday, September 16. (SIZING-ORDERING-PAYMENT DAY) This is the day to size and order all needed gear and to set up payment arrangements for the year. Order forms and specific financial info will be coming.
• Team Schedules Pre-TeensThurs3:45 - 5:00
Pre-JuniorsWed5:15 - 6:45
Pre-JuniorsThurs5:15 - 6:45
Juniors Mon 5:00 - 7:00
Juniors Wed 7:00 - 9:00
Juniors Thurs7:00 - 9:00
Sr Red Tues 4:30 - 6:30
Sr Black Wed 7:00 - 9:00
Sr Gold Thurs 7:00 - 9:00
Sr Comp M/Th M 7:30 - 9:00 Th 4:30 - 6:00
Special Needs Mon 4:45 - 5:30
Gold Lift Mon 9:00 - 10:00
Silver Lift Thurs 9:00 - 10:00
Bronze Lift Tues 9:00 - 10:00
Bronze Tech Mon 3:45 - 4:45
Silver Tech Wed 6:00 - 7:00
Gold Tech Thurs 6:30 - 7:30
TEAM SCHEDULES REQUEST: To submit requests for schedule or friends, select the corresponding link: We try to place the dancers on teams to create balance in skill, experience, and personality. If your dancer has an unchangeable conflict, or a specific friend request, please submit that on the request form. If your dancer’s schedule is flexible, please allow us to place your dancer according to what we think will be the best spot for each one. Please submit by next Mon, Aug 14. Pre-T/Pre-Jr Request Junior Team Request Senior Team Request • LIFT TEAM Audition: Aug 22 & 24 (Tues & Thurs), 9-10 pm. Registration form will be sent separately. • TEAM INFO PAGE: attached. See this page for the general info & costs associated with each team.
• TECHNIQUE CLASSES Technique classes are optional (but very strongly recommended) and meet separately from the regular team practices. Dancers must have a partner to register. They will rotate some in the class, but will mainly practice with their registration partner. Dancers do not need to be on the same team as their technique partner. They will learn two syllabus dances each semester (fall/winter) that are not taught in their team. They will compete these dances with their partner. The tuition is paid by semester separate from regular team fees. More details and Registration form will be sent separately.
• SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS: For dancers who want to compete in “Open”, we are offering semi-private lessons for 3-4 couples at a time. More details and Registration form will be sent separately.
• GROUP MESSAGING: We will again be using the BAND app for group messages outside of email. Not all parents and/or dancers joined it last year and that was a problem as they missed vital information. Please join the “IBA MAIN” group for now (if you are new), and then when class lists are set, we’ll send the invites for the specific teams.
Here is the link to find it on your phone https://band.us/n/a7a39aX571a4M
• WEBSITE/Coach’s Contact info All of the info that we email out is posted on the website. You can go to the website instead of searching back through emails to find needed details. www.idahoballroomacademy.com. The coach’s contact info is at the bottom of every email and on the website.
• CALENDAR: Here are the major dates to put on your calendar. Other dates will be added when they are confirmed. Sept 16: SOP day Oct 2-5: NO CLASSES, Madion Schools Harvest Break Nov 4: Dancing with the Stars (Madison HS). The Senior Teams perform. Dec 2: Christmas Classic competition (Madison Jr High). All dancers participate. Jan 13: East Idaho Ballroom Concert (Civic Auditorium I.F.). All teams perform Feb 16-17: Utah Classic (Farmington): Jr and Sr Teams Mar 21-23: Gem State Classic (Thunder Ridge HS): Preteens/Pre-Jr/Jrs on Thurs, Jrs & Srs on Fri, Srs on Saturday April 27: Spring Concert (Madison HS Auditorium). All teams.
• MIDDLE SCHOOL BALLROOM This is an outreach program for 5th and 6th graders at Madison Middle School. It will run January - May, hopefully on Wednesdays 3:30 - 4:30 (I haven’t met with admin yet to confirm this year). There is no charge. Registration info will be sent out in the late fall. If you had a 4th grade pee wee dancer, you are on the mailing list.
• PEE WEE BALLROOM for children in grades 1-4. This runs 8 weeks in the spring: March & April. Registration is in February. If you will have a new Pee Wee dancer and would like to be on the email list for the registration info, please let me know.
We are looking forward to seeing you all again! Please let me know what other questions you have about the new year