It seems impossible that we are in the last few weeks of summer, and it’s almost time to start our new Ballroom Year!!
BEFORE the new year starts:
• COACH ASHLEY’S PRE-SEASON CLASSES: For Jr and Sr team age dancers. Aug 8-11. Watch for a separate email with details.
• IBA POOL PARTY!! Aug 16 (not the 17th as posted in a previous message). 6-9pm, Rexburg Rapids. No charge for IBA Dancers and family members. We do know that this is the same day as the Celebrate Youth event, but there were no other openings at the pool.
• AC Fundraising: Remember the story about the stolen AC unit, and the request for fundraising ideas? Well, you sent a lot of really good ideas. The most common comment was that you would be willing to donate and would rather do that than spend time carrying out a fundraiser (we’re all pretty busy…). SO - phase 1 of our AC Fundraising will be to ask you, our IBA Dancers and families to consider making a donation.
If every family donates a SMALL amount, it would add up to a BIG total. If you are willing to contribute to the “replace the AC unit” fund, please click here: AC DONATION
Once this phase 1 is complete, we’ll reassess and then determine if we need to do other fundraising projects. We are so GRATEFUL for our IBA families who have been so kind and supportive of all the crazy challenges that have come up during this new studio experience.
ABOUT THE NEW YEAR:
• Classes begin the week of Sept 5. (No Monday classes Sept 5).
• Studio location: 155 E. 2nd No.
• TEAM SCHEDULES We hope to have the team schedules out by the end of this week or early next. We are just waiting on some confirmation of coach schedules. We’ll send out the request forms once the schedule is set, so you can let us know what the best class times are for your dancer.
• SOP DAY Saturday, September 17. (SIZING-ORDERING-PAYMENT DAY) This is the day to size and order all needed gear and to set up payment arrangements for the year. Order forms and other info will be coming.
• COMPETITION & EVENTS: Here are the major dates to put on your calendar. Other dates will be added when they are confirmed.
Nov 5: Dancing with the Stars (Madison HS). The Senior Teams perform.
Dec 3: Christmas Classic competition (Madison Jr High). All dancers participate.
Jan 21: East Idaho Ballroom Concert (Civic Auditorium I.F.). All teams perform
Feb 17-18: Utah Classic (Farmington): Jr and Sr Teams
Mar 23-25: Gem State Classic (Thunder Ridge HS): Preteens/Pre-Jr/Jrs on Thurs, Jrs & Srs on Fri, Srs on Saturday
April 29: Spring Concert (Madison HS Auditorium). All teams.
• BOY-GIRL RATIOS We are always grateful to the boys who are willing to double dance. I thought you would be interested to see what the numbers are this year. Some grades are very close to even, but in others the ratio is way off. Many girls have offered to double dance, but it doesn’t appear that we’ll need any double girls. Sigh.
PRE'S: the lists aren’t finalized - we’re still working on recruiting a few more boys. We will possibly need a few double boys. We are thinking about doing 3 total teams with the Pre’s, one 6th, one 7th and one mixed grades.
Pre-Teens: 6th grade: 12B - 14G
Pre-Juniors: 7th grade: 12B - 19G
JUNIORS: 9 doubles boys needed. The three Junior teams will be mixed 8th/9th grades. We also have girls on a waiting list, so if you know any boys who might be willing…
8th: 11B - 11G
9th: 11B - 20G
SENIORS: 12 double boys needed - that 11th grade deficit is a killer!! I think all of the boys that age have always doubled.
10th: 12B - 14G
11th: 6B - 20G
12th: 11B - 7G
• TEAM INFO PAGE: See this page for the costs associated with each team.
• TECHNIQUE CLASSES Technique classes are optional (but very strongly recommended) and meet separately from the regular team practices. Dancers must have a partner to register. They will rotate some in the class, but will mainly practice with their registration partner. Dancers do not need to be on the same team as their technique partner. They will learn two syllabus dances each semester (fall/winter) that are not taught in their team. They will compete these dances with their partner. The tuition is paid by semester separate from regular team fees. Details will be sent separately.
• SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS: For dancers who want to compete in “Open”, we are offering semi-private lessons for 2-4 couples at a time. They will have a regular weekly schedule. If you would like more information about lessons and open competition, please see the attached form, and you are welcome to contact me with any specific questions.
• LIFT TEAMS: 9th-12th grade dancers. There will be an audition the first week of September, date tba.
• GROUP MESSAGING: We will again be using the BAND app for group messages outside of email. Not all parents and/or dancers joined it last year and that was a problem as they missed vital information. Please join the “IBA MAIN” group for now (if you are new), and then when class lists are set, we’ll send the invites for the specific teams.
• WEBSITE/Coach’s Contact info We will keep the IBA website updated with the information that is sent to you via e-mail. You can go to the website instead of searching back through emails to find needed details. www.idahoballroomacademy.com. The coach’s contact info is at the bottom of every email and on the website. • MIDDLE SCHOOL BALLROOM This is an outreach program for 5th and 6th graders at Madison Middle School. It will run January - May, hopefully on Wednesdays 3:30 - 4:30 (I haven’t met with admin yet to confirm this year). There is no charge. Registration info will be sent out in the late fall. If you had a 4th grade pee wee dancer, you are on the mailing list.
• PEE WEE BALLROOM for children in grades 1-4. This runs 8 weeks in the spring: March & April. Registration is in February. If you will have a new Pee Wee dancer and would like to be on the email list for the registration info, please let me know.
We are looking forward to seeing you all again! Please let me know what other questions you have about the new year.
Janie Fisher Director, Idaho Ballroom Academy 208-201-6366 email@example.com Shar-a-lynn Randall IdahoBallroomBooks@gmail.com Shawn Fisher 208-313-0465 firstname.lastname@example.org Ashley Fisher, 208-419-2888, email@example.com Caroline Bates, 208-206-8215, firstname.lastname@example.org Elise Rich 208-206-3661, email@example.com Sam Fisher, 208-403-2463, firstname.lastname@example.org Sara Fisher, 541-944-7479, email@example.com Jennifer Taylor, 208-390-1889, firstname.lastname@example.org